The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Amyris has developed an industry-leading platform for designing and building synthetic organisms. Our technology is being used today to make clean beauty products, bio-based renewable chemicals, and even vaccine ingredients. The Data Engineering team at Amyris supports a suite of custom applications using various state of the art data technologies that make this cutting-edge science possible. Being on the Data Engineering team is all about learning and sharing experiences using the technologies that will make the difference for the company.
The Senior Data Engineer will be primarily responsible for working with the Data team to participate in achieving the vision of the Data framework. The ideal candidate will come in with knowledge in multiple cloud and database technologies to hit the ground running from a technology perspective. This role would be working on architecture design, engineering, security, resiliency for all of the Data environments we have at Amyris. They will help develop governance around API’s and API management keeping in mind the HA\DR needs while also understanding the needs of the company and satisfying various stakeholders. The individual needs to be an expert with BI technologies, specifically the ones on cloud. The team uses a wide range of technologies and frameworks, always applying the best tool for the job at hand making this a fantastic opportunity for you to expand your existing skillset.
- Help develop API strategy for Amyris working with stakeholders and Data team leadership
- Be the point of contact for the manufacturing department at Amyris and also be able to gather requirements to create, manage, govern API’s on multiple cloud providers including GCP
- Work independently on projects ranging from simple to complex and from executive level ad hoc analysis to integration of new data into a complex reporting system
- Ensure proper protocols exist that will monitor, capture, audit and alert for deviations and support for quick and timely resolution
- Document all data, business rule and metric changes for our team and for executives/management and power users
- Mentor juniors in the team to help them with technical onboarding and then to also help them grow technically
- Spend about 5-10% of the time researching new Data products to know the latest and greatest in the field
- Work with various stakeholders on understanding their asks and provide them a full proof solution which is a well thought out solution
- Develop and document strategy for POC’s and onboarding of new products into Amyris data framework
- Document API architecture at Amyris, including the upstream and downstream systems to have a full view of the design and data flow.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and hold periodic meetings to make sure that we understand the direction in which Amyris is going, from business mindset
- Responsibilities are subject to grow once more work is undertaken, specially from API management, BI, middleware and publishing work is undertaken by the team
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field - advanced degree or professional certifications a plus
- 10-12 years experience; or equivalent combination of post-bachelor’s education and experience
- Proven experience as a Senior data engineer
- Motivated self-starter who can manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong API creation and management skills are needed, at least on GCP. Other cloud providers is a plus.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills who can handle the project delivery with minimal managerial intervention.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with business users, software developers, other cross-functional co-workers, and outside partners.
- Proficiency in SQL\NO-SQL is required; python and java is preferred
- Expertise in at least one of the multiple cloud environments like GCP, AWS, Azure with exposure to multiple
- Ability to translate between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with hybrid (cloud/on-premise) data topologies is a must
- Experience designing data lake and data warehouse architectures using modern cloud solutions
- Hands-on experience implementing data transformation (ETL/ELT, etc.) best practices at scale, preferably using modern cloud solutions
- Have a deep understanding of SQL and database architecture
- Experience with both open source and off the shelf technologies
- Exceptional English communication skills, both written and verbal. This includes listening skills and an open attitude toward constructive feedback.
- Ability to work both with a global team and individually
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com
. Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”)
, Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site. As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA. By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants
. If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.