The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Gong unlocks reality to help people and companies reach their full potential. The patented Gong Revenue Intelligence Platform™ empowers customer-facing teams to take advantage of their most valuable assets – customer interactions, which the Gong platform automatically captures and analyzes. Gong then delivers insights at scale, empowering revenue and go-to-market teams to determine the best actions for winning outcomes. Thousands of innovative companies like Morningstar Inc., Paychex, LinkedIn, Shopify, Slack, SproutSocial, Twilio, and Zillow trust Gong to power their customer reality. Gong is an award winning company and was recognized on the Inc 5000 (#99), Forbes Cloud 100 (#28), LinkedIn Top Start Ups (#2), and Great Places to Work lists in 2021.
As the Staff BI Data Engineer, you will help the Business Intelligence team build the data transport, collection, and storage, and expose services that make data accessible to all of Gong’s business data platforms. We are looking for a Data Engineer to build a scalable data platform. You'll have ownership of our core business data pipeline that powers Gong’s top-line metrics. You will also use data expertise to help evolve data models in several components of the data stack. You will help architect, build, and launch scalable data pipelines to support Gong’s growing data processing and analytics needs. Your efforts will allow access to business and user behavior insights, using Gong’s data to fuel several teams across the organization.
- Owner of the business data pipeline, responsible for scaling up data processing flow to meet the data platforms’ needs, and data users’ requirement
- Build and refine a fault-tolerant data ingestion pipeline into our data warehouse, while helping guide the decisions about the future of our data infrastructure
- Implement systems tracking data quality and consistency.
- Develop tools supporting self-service data pipeline management (ETL)
- Evolve data models and data schemas based on the business needs and according to performance
- Work with the company analysts to review and approve views and queries created by the different teams on the company BI tools
- Write complex and efficient queries to transform raw data sources into easily accessible models for our teams (e.g., CS, Strategy, Value Engineering, Finance, Support)
- Clearly scoping, tracking, executing, and communicating on projects in an agile environment
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Experience building and maintaining a data warehouse in production environments
- Experience building out data pipelines, efficient ETL design, implementation, and maintenance
- Worked and delivered self service analytics tools (such as Tableau) to explore data
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be self-directed when necessary
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Database systems (SQL and NoSQL)
- Data warehousing solutions (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, or similar managed solutions)
- ETL tools (Talend/Stitch, Fivetran, or similar DBT tools)
- Fluent in Python and a good understanding of Java
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong self-starter with the ability to navigate ambiguous, fast-paced work environments while managing relationships with internal senior executives
- High attention to detail and ability to adjust to continuously changing priorities in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal communication, written documentation, & presentation skills
- Innovative & Data Driven: experiment and leverage technology & data to solve challenges and make recommendations that drive productivity
- Have Fun: find joy in our team’s wins and #enjoytheride!
Perks & Benefits
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance for employees
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
- Company-wide recharge days each quarter
- Work from home stipend to help you succeed in a remote environment
Gong is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity is integral to our success, and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.