The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com
to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $35 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
VitaCare is a technology and services platform designed to make the complex process of filling prescriptions simple, cost-effective, and stress-free for patients and is a subsidiary of GoodRx.
The Lead Data Engineer is a member of an Agile team focused on rapidly delivering high-value data and database solutions that help people get the healthcare they need at a price they can afford. This includes, designing, constructing, testing, troubleshooting, administration, monitoring, optimizing/tuning, and performing operational functions on SQL and NoSQL databases for mission-critical applications for an online pharmacy. Additionally, the Lead Data Engineer leads initiatives, mentors teammates, and improves the way we work.
- Participating as a member of an Agile delivery team focused on rapidly delivering high-value data and database solutions
- Providing technical leadership and guidance
- Determining the requirements for a new data solutions
- Designing, developing, and implementing data solutions that meet requirements, follow the data process models, and support the data technology roadmap
- Monitoring, optimizing, and allocating physical data storage for production and non-production database systems.
- Performing general database troubleshooting, debugging and testing to and resolve database access and performance issues
- Performing database transaction and security audits
- Recommending and implementing end-user database access control levels
- Conducting code reviews for best practices
- Creating data and process models
- Researching and properly evaluating sources of information to determine possible usefulness and limitations
- Migrating data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Installing and configuring information systems to ensure the functionality
- Analyzing structural requirements for new software and applications
- Designing conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts
- Design and implement redundant solutions, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure the protection and integrity of data assets.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Design, build, document and manage new and existing data pipelines and processes
- Understand advanced database architecture, distributed infrastructure, and various network technologies to implement robust and scalable solutions for the company
- Contribute to standards, procedures, and guidelines for the effective and secure use of the databases and database features
- Provide migration services to oversee changes to the production environments
- Maintaining data in the strictest confidence and following procedures to ensure the privacy, security, and proper use of data, especially when provided access to personal, proprietary and/or otherwise confidential data
- Perform and/or automate patching on existing databases
- Expert delivering solutions as a team and working in cross-functional teams, consisting of co-location, virtual, and onsite
- Strong customer service orientation
- 10 years experience in a similar role
- Strong ETL experience
- Expert in understanding advanced database technology concepts at a detailed level, asking the right questions, and working well with vendors, SME's, engineers, management and customers
- Experience managing an enterprise-wide initiative to completion
- Experience in mission-critical, high availability, high-reliability environments
- Demonstrable experience with programming languages (SQL, Powershell, Python)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain documentation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Skilled in explaining complex database concepts, especially to non-technical audiences
- Expert in analyzing data sets and process flows, research, and design
- Proficient in a variety of Microsoft programs, cloud platforms
- Excellent written and documentation skills, including technical and business level articulation.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum and Kanban team environment
- Familiarity with AWS cloud hosting, including Glue and RDS
- Microsoft SQL Server experience
- Familiarity with ETL technologies such as SSIS and Glue
- Experience working with DevOps
- Working knowledge of data privacy practices and laws
- Proficient with Atlassian Jira or other issue/change management platforms and tools
- Proficient with Atlassian Confluence or other collaboration tools
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $35 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com
each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com