The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Grammarly offers a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members can work primarily remotely. Teams will meet in person every quarter in one of Grammarly’s hubs, currently in San Francisco, Vancouver, New York, and Kyiv. To ensure that teams are able to overlap in their working hours and to meet face-to-face when needed, all team members need to live within three time zones of their direct team.Please note our Kyiv hub is currently closed, but we hope the time comes soon when we can reunite with team members there. We continue to provide support to our Ukraine team members displaced within and outside of Ukraine.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 30 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who is able to effectively apply ML/DL techniques in the NLP field and has a keen interest in the field’s recent advances. In this role, you will work with researchers, engineers, and linguists to create the next generation of writing and communication assistance tools. You will build models and pipelines, and you will maintain services that deliver models’ output to users. If you revel in the challenge of building exciting new products that will impact millions of lives, we’d love to meet you!
Grammarly’s engineers and researchers have the freedom to innovate and uncover breakthroughs—and, in turn, influence our product roadmap. The complexity of our technical challenges is growing rapidly as we scale our interfaces, algorithms, and infrastructure. Read more about our stack
or hear from our team on our technical blog
- Develop effective tools for correcting, improving, and enhancing written English by using a variety of NLP, machine learning, and deep learning technologies.
- Productionize and ship these features into Grammarly’s product applications, which are used daily by millions of users.
- Implement effective, fault-tolerant, and well-monitored solutions that meet the demand for excellence.
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies.
- Contribute to the R&D strategy and technical culture of the company.
- Be an active member of the AI community by attending and speaking at events in Ukraine and abroad, and by contributing to technical blogs and journals.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has solid software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of classical algorithms and data structures.
- Has a solid understanding of the principles and best practices of developing software systems on a large scale.
- Has the ability to apply machine learning algorithms to NLP tasks effectively.
- Has strong knowledge of probability and statistics.
- Has expertise in Python, its ecosystem, and Python-based ML tools and frameworks.
- Has the ability to single out promising new technologies and apply them to ongoing tasks.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing superior health care (including mental health benefits). We also offer support to set up a home office, ample and defined time off, gym and recreation stipends, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. Grammarly is an equal opportunity company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, criminal prosecution, judgment in a criminal case, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Grammarly’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires that all team members in North America be vaccinated against COVID-19 to meet in person for Grammarly business or to work from a North America hub location. It is expected that this will be a requirement for this role. Qualified candidates in North America who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief may request a reasonable accommodation to this policy. For Ukraine, this policy requires team members to be vaccinated or produce a daily negative COVID-19 test administered at the Kyiv hub to work from the hub or attend in-person meetings.