The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Clarity AI brings societal impact to markets, and what that means to us is that we illuminate paths to a more sustainable world.
We do that by building-in a customizable, scalable sustainability tech kit to our clients existing workflows, which empowers them to efficiently and confidently assess, analyze and report on anything valuable to them or their clients and everything required by regulation.
We are a sustainability tech company, founded in 2017. We leverage AI and machine learning technologies to ensure sustainability dimensions are a focal point of decision making for professional investors, corporates and consumers..
In regards to financial markets, participants there have used ESG indicators (Environmental, Social and Governance) to evaluate dimensions of risk and impact. However, this kind of assessment is limited: it only considers how companies behave in these three dimensions but doesn’t consider the products and services the companies provide as part of their contribution, positive or negative, to society. Leveraging scientific research and the latest technologies, we provide decision makers with the most transparent, reliable and comprehensive capabilities and tools to assess, analyze and report on social and environmental impact.
We have received several awards that show the value that we are providing to the market:
- World Economic Forum Pioneer
- One of the most innovative projects in the US. Harvard Innovation Lab
- Top startup with impact worldwide by IMPACT Growth 2017
- Top 10 Fintech startup worldwide by BBVA Open Talent
- Young Global Leader to Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela 2017
Our mission drives us forward. Our values guide us along the way. In order to meet our goals, we require passion from everyone on the team that is driven by our purpose. We require excellence in everything we do with individual expertise as a key dimension to our success. We require everyone to not just talk the talk when it comes to ethics and values, but also to walk the walk and live those values by example.
We are different. We work hard to become the best place to work and pride ourselves on our culture:
- Data-driven: Promoting objective, fact-based and solution-oriented discussions.
- Independent: Accessible and unbiased, we aren’t satisfied with the traditional way of doing things.
- Transparent: Communicating feedback transparently, constructively and in real-time.
- Achievement-oriented: Demanding excellence and celebrating and rewarding the best..
- Flexible: Working flexibly in the broadest sense (e.g., schedule, location, vacation, styles).
Our people are our main asset. Having doubled our headcount in 2021, we are now a team of more than 200 highly passionate individuals coming from 30 different nationalities and composed of professionals from leading tech, consulting and banking firms, entrepreneurs, PhDs from top research institutions, and MBA graduates from top business schools. Our headquarters are in New York City, and we have additional offices in London, Madrid and Abu Dhabi. Additionally, we have a strong remote-workforce of team members located in 13 different countries. Together, we have established Clarity AI as a leading company backed by investors and strategic partners such as BlackRock, SoftBank and Deutsche Börse who believe in us and share our goals.
Our leadership inspires. Our Founder and CEO, Rebeca Minguela, is a successful entrepreneur who has been recognized as one of the most distinguished leaders under the age of 40 by prestigious institutions like the World Economic Forum. Rebeca is joined by a superior leadership team coming from diverse backgrounds, countries and experiences.
We care about our people and think they deserve the best. We currently offer equity packages and other benefits on top of cash compensation. We aim to continue improving and shaping our offering in all areas of compensation and total rewards to ensure our teams’ efforts are rewarded and we remain competitive.
Challenges for this role
Working as Data Operations Engineer you will define the data operations structure within the Data Strategy team by architecting scalable solutions, supporting automation efforts, developing technical standards, and managing & monitoring outcomes.
The role provides an opportunity to contribute to the mission of Clarity by transforming and innovating processes and scaling data projects while working in a multicultural, flexible and fast-paced environment.
- Working alongside different verticals in Data Strategy in leading data automation projects and leverage orchestration and monitoring tools in house
- Providing technical expertise to other data operation engineers
- Experience in projects of definition and implementation of data governance models, data quality, data protection/privacy, advanced analytics and similar related to the field of data management. Understanding of data lineage and master data management would be an advantage
- Coding in necessary languages, SQL, Python, and leveraging APIs to integrate solutions and tools
- Familiar with visualization tools and serving data to consumers, or helping build dashboards
- Support POCs and suggest added tools, plugins, libraries and so forth to improve the efficiencies of the group, and in turn, the organization
- Setting technical best practices for the team and maintaining repositories, refactoring code, and writing unit tests
- Supporting other data operation engineers in code quality, task prioritization and technical reviews
- Collaborate with engineering teams and stakeholders to build key datasets and data pipelines using Python/ETL frameworks.
- Working with the Business and Technology to deliver business initiatives on time by understanding the business need and responding with the necessary functional, systems and data requirements analysis.
- Analysis, elicitation, presentation and validation of requirements to business and technology stakeholders to ensure all stakeholders have a common understanding of the requirements and the goals/objectives of what needs to be delivered to the business.
- Performing analysis on existing platforms and databases/sources related to the initiative(s) to collaborate effectively with Architects and Technical Leads in-house and from 3rd parties, to collaborate on solution options to meet the business requirements.
- Actively resolve/mitigate/escalate risks/issues/events which may affect strategic delivery and ensure the expectations by internal and external stakeholders are managed accordingly.
- Support the configuration/integration of third party tools. Ability to do queries to APIs and clean and prepare the output for subsequent workflows.
- Support for pilot testing on data retrieval using APIs or any other means for evaluation purposes or for capture as part of the collection efforts.
- 3–5 years experience as a Data Operations Engineer, Data Engineer or Backend Software Engineer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Minimum C1 level-proficient user. Other languages are a plus).
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Python and database concepts.
- Strong coding skills in Python and SQL
- Knowledge of version control, model deployment, developer environments.
- Strong understanding of Data Orchestration tools (ie. Apache Airflow)
- Implementing monitoring integrations to identify changes real time
- Familiar in setting Data Governance best practices
- Familiarity with data warehouse development and best practices
- Supported large scale data automation projects previously and are able to drive outcomes forward
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences, and the ability to work with diverse teams in gathering business requirements.
- Strong organizational, time-management skills with the ability to succeed in a fast paced environment with changing requirements and priorities.
- Highly motivated, independent and deeply passionate about sustainability, impact and finance.