The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Co-Op/Intern Test Developer, AI Platform
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada or Remote, Canada (EST)
Term length: 8 or 12 months starting September 2022
About the team
As a member of our QA team, you will focus your skills and experience on designing, developing, performing and documenting complex test procedures for our RapidResponse product. You will work in a dynamic environment where quick learning and your ability to undertake a variety of simultaneous tasks are crucial to your success. Your passion for quality and affinity for detail will allow you to consistently deliver thorough results within a framework of tight deadlines and changing priorities.
What you will do
- Create and execute test cases covering all requirements
- Research new and emerging technologies and help test better
- Perform code review to ensure the code is matching the coding standards
- Report to a QA Manager and pick up a variety of QA requests for different parts of applications
- Work with QA, Dev and Product teams to ensure compatibility and quality of applications
- Work closely and collaborate with other members of the company, communicating effectively and working together to reach defined goals and meet deadlines
- May perform additional projects as assigned
What we are looking for
- Proficiency in Java, SQL and Python
- Ability to conduct testing activities for QA-related projects independently.
- Experience with testing web applications, web services, APIs and Relational Databases
- Ability to confidently bring new ideas to the team
- Strength in executing test scripts and tracking defects
- Readiness to participate in testing processes and methodology.
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive.
- Willingness to learn new skills and ramp up quickly
- Excellent technical and communication skills
Things that Would Definitely Help
- Knowledgeable with software development cycle
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Proven understanding of software engineering
- Comfortable working with UNIX from the command line
- Familiar with GIT
- Experience with agile usability and agile methodologies is a plus
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.