The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
• Caring – We care about doing the right thing
, in the right way, every time. • Ownership – We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility
and always learning
how to be better.• Respect – We respect and celebrate the individual traits
that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be. • Empowerment – We embrace a culture that supports everyone’s
ability to contribute and lead.
- You will focus on simplifying the complex healthcare landscape, helping over 74 million health-care consumers find care. You’ll help to support the company’s mission to improve the lives of our users by helping them to make better healthcare choices by delivering elegant, high-quality ETL solutions on Google Cloud Platform.
- You’ll participate on a team of talented software development engineers and provide technical leadership in data mapping, development, and maintenance of HealthSparq ETL automation to transform client data for use in HealthSparq products and by data analysts.
- You’ll work in the technical stack that includes Java, Junit, bash, Python, GitHub, Docker, CircleCI, JIRA, Confluence, Swagger, GCP (gcs, Airflow, Dataflow, Beam SQL, Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Workflows) AWS (S3, EC2, Lambda, State Machine).
- You’ll collaborate with product management, business customers, architecture/platform team, data operations, and other service development teams.
- You’ll influence design and refactoring of code for quality, extensibility, resilience, reliability, and performance.
- You’ll unblock technical impediments, estimate scope, coordinate resources, track progress while inspiring your teammates.
- You’ll be technically proficient in core technologies and methodologies used by the team.
- You’ll communicate clearly in a timely manner in both verbal and written communication with other Software Development Engineers and Leaders
- You’ll have the ability to lead work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring others to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues and creating status reports.
- You’ll report to the Data Foundations Manager in the Data Product department within the Engineering division of the Company.
- How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
- You’ll use your 5+ years of relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, along with your software development experience, specifically in ETL automation to:
- Engage in paired programming, BDD/TDD, peer reviews, and agile best practices.
- Work well with internal stakeholders, including product management, business analysts, client services, and operations.
- Collaborate effectively with architecture/platform teams and other service development teams.
- Provide direction to others in analyzing and solving program and system issues and problems.
- You’re dependable in understanding, diagnosing, and resolving problems and system coordination issues.
- Provide technical direction and solutions to other team members and recognize differences in how senior managers think and work.
- Relay status to management and peers in a timely manner.
- Apply software best practices for ensuring quality software solutions, such as TDD and unit test creation.
- How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You drive and champion rapidly changing technologies and methodologies and apply them to technological and/or business needs of significant scope.
- You’re an enthusiastic learner, keeping current on trends and advancements within area of specialization.
- You consistently create a climate where people want to do their best. Can motivate and empower others on work teams.
- You maintain strong partnerships across the organization and collectively work to create great experiences.
Where You’ll Go From Here
- Individuals in the Principal Software Engineer I role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - individual contributor and management. The next step in the process will be Principal Software Engineer II.
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.