The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Are you a technical person struggling to find a job that is the right fit for you? Are you tired of roles that just sound like they’ll have you writing boring legacy code all day? In a world of rapid technological change, there is of course another way.
About Aureus Tech Systems
Aureus Tech Systems is on a mission to help the world prepare for the next big wave of technical innovation. We help companies from all around the world technologically evolve by building cloud-driven and artificial intelligence solutions. We take a closely partnered approach to building tailored yet cost-effective solutions at an accelerated rate, without compromising on craftsmanship. With the goal of implementing services and products for agility and innovation, we want to empower employees and customers to grow at a pace unimaginable in earlier generations.
About the Role
We are looking for a sharp and energetic entry-level Java Developer to join our rapidly growing data engineering team. An ideal candidate should have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and demonstratable experience with data pipelines in Java. You’ll need to be able to show that you can work with key parts of the stack like Hadoop, Hive and Spark. You’ll also need a good understanding of foundational concepts like data lakes, data warehousing, business intelligence and data mining.
Whilst you don’t need prior experience as a developer, we are looking for somebody with the technical exposure, energy and drive to succeed. Bonus points if you are someone who would like to build intelligent, AI-driven solutions whilst getting started in your career.
Why is this role great for you?
- Join us on our mission to help people and businesses uncover opportunities from large reserves of data, by building unique yet robust solutions that you feel great about!
- Work with a highly skilled and agile team that are constantly evolving in terms capability, including expert data veterans who are always ready to guide you and nurture your skills.
- Abundant opportunities to learn, apply and upskill yourself in a fast-paced, client-focused environment where your opinion will be heard, and hard work is rewarded.
What will you be doing?
- Design and develop data applications in Java using selected tools and frameworks as required and requested across a wide variety of teams and client projects.
- Learn how to contribute and structure the architecture of a big data platform, solving large at-scale data processing problems as you work together in a cross-functional team.
- Conduct classic ETL workflows, collecting and processing raw data at scale for a variety of projects, moving to extract, transform and load data across selected tools and frameworks.
- Build and structure large commercial data pipelines and datastores, including customization and management of integration tools, databases, warehouses and analytics systems.
- Monitor performance and uptime of team solutions, advising on necessary infrastructure changes and putting forward proposals for optimization at scale.
- Communicate and contribute fresh ideas and proposals across both technical and non-technical team members, pushing for the best results.
Are you the right fit for this role?
- You are a software developer with a Bachelor's degree in Data Science (or Computer Science) who loves the idea of making a career out of working with machine learning and AI.
- You have hands-on experience with the Java ecosystem, specifically with big data tools
- You have practical exposure to tools like PySpark, Hadoop, Hive, and Sqoop with a deep understanding of key data concepts like data mining, ETL, warehousing and data analysis.
- Bonus points if you have experience with real-time processing frameworks and stream processing, especially in the context of working with large high-volume events processing.
- You will need to have demonstrated expertise with SQL and writing SQL queries, as well as working across SQL and NoSQL databases for data discovery, management, and retrieval.
- You have a solid understanding of Java as a programming language, including new features.
- You have a learning-focused mindset and can engineer unconventional solutions, identifying ways to innovate and are willing to lead on growing your technical leadership potential.
- You are a good communicator and a team player who can motivate and take on new initiatives to ensure a truly collaborative team environment.
As part of our hiring process we’ll be testing your skills with Java and giving you feedback on potential development areas. We’re hiring multiple roles, so what is most important is that you’ve got the focus, energy and drive to learn and apply yourself as a data engineer!
We of course have all the flexible working benefits you’d expect (paid leave, performance bonuses, company health insurance, and more), and are keen to promote from within once you start your journey with us. Apply today and let’s get started!