Remote - United States
The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer exist.
As part of our growing Finance and Information Systems team we are looking for a passionate Data Engineer/BI Developer to join our small team. With 3+ years of experience in a Database and Business Intelligence, you will be responsible for helping to develop ETL processes, datasets and reporting tools which will be used throughout the organization
What will I be doing?
You will work as part of a small team, split between the US and the UK, responsible for maintaining and developing data and reporting systems and procedures across the business. The role will entail integrating and organizing data from various platforms to Google Cloud Platform BigQuery. You will work cross-functionally to aid various departments with data and analytical needs. A central part of the role will require architecting and enhancing datasets while integrating new sources.
You will be expected to investigate data integrity issues, problem solve, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively and individually to develop and maintain data sets, and automate reporting.
We enable our partners with choice, and challenge the one-size-fits-all approach to payments. You've probably used NMI in the last 24 hours without even realizing it. We’re the platform that powers success for innovative tech created by SMBs, entrepreneurs and fintech startups. We’re creative problem solvers who help visionaries smash through boundaries and think beyond what’s possible so they can think about what’s next. But we’re not just built for the tech savvy. We democratize the latest payments technology so that everyone can realize the benefits of easy payments across the full spectrum of commerce. We’re all about enabling more payments in more ways and more places.
We believe that having a diverse group of employees strengthens both our work and our workplace. We’re focused on making NMI more diverse and welcoming with initiatives like having a dedicated Diversity, Equity & Inclusion action group, diversity goals for hiring, anonymized resume screening, affinity groups such as our Women's network and LGBTQ+ Network, open forums for discussions on diversity and social justice, and measuring inclusion and belonging as part of our regular employee engagement surveys.
• Problem solvers with a positive “can do” attitude and passionate about business information systems
• 3+ years in a business intelligence role with strong SQL skills, stored procedures, DDL/DML (ideally Google BigQuery and or MySQL dialects)
• ETL implementations, data cleansing, pipelines, streamline and automation
• Proven ability to deliver end-to-end business intelligence solutions including to database management, implementing data models, and data warehousing
• Experience in requirements gathering as well as transforming business requirements into BI solutions
• Experience with report building in Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, or equivalent
• Passionate about learning new skills and self-development
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Dynamic, self-motivated individual comfortable with working in fluid environments
• Thorough and meticulous attention to detail
• Flexible approach to dealing with changing business needs
• Experience in developing financial reporting
• History of use of the processes required to analyze large data sets to forecast future trends and business requirements
• Further knowledge of Google Cloud Platform services, in particular IAM, CloudSQL for MySQL, and Client APIs
• Experience writing Data Pipelines as code
• Experience with software development, ideally in at least one of: Python, Golang, C#
• Friendly, considerate, respectful, and interested in working both collaboratively and individually
Do you feel like you have a slightly out of the ordinary career path or history? We are open to all walks of life and very willing to hear your story. Please don’t feel like this should be a barrier to securing a great career at NMI! We appreciate success can come in all shapes and sizes. Fill in the ‘Additional Info’ box on our application to tell us more about your path.
Please check out our careers page: https://www.nmi.com/careers/company
NMI is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation or sexual identity, genetic information, citizen status (except those that do not have the legal right to be employed in the United States), disability, military service, service member, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please be aware that all offers of employment are made subject to receipt of satisfactory background and financial checks.
Please be aware that NMI does not operate a license for the sponsorship of those who are not already eligible to work within the US. Unfortunately, therefore we cannot process any application from individuals unable to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility to commence work in the US.