The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
About Recurly:Recurly, Inc. provides a versatile subscription management platform to manage the entire subscription lifecycle for market-leading brands worldwide. Subscription businesses such as Sling TV, BarkBox, FabFitFun, Cinemark and Fubo.tv
depend on Recurly to harness the power of the subscription model and drive recurring revenue growth. Since its launch in 2009, Recurly has deployed subscription billing for thousands of companies across 42 countries. Our platform empowers billions of credit card transactions and has enabled customers to recover $450 million + in Revenue.
Recurly is backed by Accel-KKR, a leading technology-focused private equity firm with over $9 billion in capital commitments. The partnership offers Recurly access to significant capital and resources to make continued investments in technology and platform innovation and expand our go-to-market initiatives.
Headquartered in San Francisco, Recurly is hiring remotely across the US depending on role and experience.
Recurly is a well-established technology-driven SaaS-based company in the recurring billing space. We have a start-up company culture but have been in business for 10 years. We are continuing to make heads turn in the industry due to our technological advancement and innovative solutions.As a Data Scientist at Recurly, you get to collaborate with a team of talented data scientists & analysts, product managers, engineers, and customer success managers to deliver innovative product solutions and research that will continue to solidify Recurly’s market position. Not only will you explore, connect, and produce insights with our data to grow Recurly’s business, but you will also build and deploy production-grade machine learning models that get incorporated into our core product offering. There is a lot more we can do with the volume of data we have, and you’ll play a key role from conception to launch.
- Build production-grade machine learning models to solve hard business problems in payment and subscription
- Write production code to build services that deploy machine learning models. Coordinate with the Engineering and Ops teams to deploy new releases of machine learning models
- Solve internal and external business problems by reframing them to enable algorithmic solutions; have a keen eye towards automating the process and output for common topics
- Understand the breadth and depth of Recurly’s data set to create internal and external facing analyses and insights. Lead and support various ad hoc data analysis projects, as needed
- Build Tableau/Looker dashboards to monitor key business metrics and present data insights in payment and subscription
- Be a champion of data hygiene and establish processes to ensure high data integrity and quality
- Be an expert on subscription business-related metrics and champion those metrics within the company
- Identify patterns, troubleshoot issues, and have a holistic understanding of Recurly’s data structure
- Continually refine business acumen and establish domain/industry vertical expertise
- Bachelors in a quantitative field (e.g. Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics etc.). Machine Learning bootcamp or certification is a bonus point for Bachelors
- At least 6 years of relevant working experience, with at least 4 years as a data scientist
- Expert knowledge and demonstrable strong experience with Python, SQL
- Relevant knowledge in machine learning algorithms Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, Logistic Regression, Time Series etc.
- Experience deploying production-grade machine learning models (decision trees etc.)
- Demonstrable experience with statistical analysis (A/B testing, exploratory data analysis using data visualization tools, anomaly detection)
- Experience with building data dashboards and automation using Tableau/Looker or other visualization tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong user empathy to understand the real question behind a business request
- Experience in leveraging proper data to communicate insights in an easy to understand manner
- Know how to prioritize work and have the intuition to avoid analysis paralysis
- Team oriented and able to collaborate with other stakeholders within the company to take an idea from conception to launch
- Masters in a quantitative field (e.g. Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics etc.)
- Background in fintech and subscription businesses
- Experience deploying machine learning models in Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with Vertex AI pipelines
- Working knowledge of Git, Docker, BigQuery
Benefits:As a full-time employee, Recurly offers competitive benefits programs, perks and options designed to fit your needs and the needs of your family. We offer medical, dental and vision benefits and a menu from which to choose options that work best for you and eligible dependents. We also offer life insurance, short and long-term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness coverage, employee accident protection, health savings account (HSA) with company contribution & flexible spending account (FSA) options, employee assistance program, Legal and Pet Insurance.
Other perks may include:Optional remote or in office work401(k) Retirement Plan and company matchCompany equityFlex Time OffCompany EventsTraining/DevelopmentTuition reimbursementCommuter benefitsVolunteer opportunitiesMonthly internet stipend
Recurly is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law. Recurly is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com