Remote - U.S.
The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Headspace and Ginger have recently merged to become Headspace Health! While roles are still being recruited separately on our respective websites, new hires from this point forward will be joining Headspace Health. For more information, please speak with your recruiter!
About the Senior Data Engineer at Headspace Health:
At Headspace Health, our mission is to transform mental healthcare to improve the health and happiness of the world. Core to this mission is our ability to responsibly and ethically leverage data to provide personalized care to each of our members, meeting them where they are on the mental health continuum. We are seeking experienced engineers to come work on our data platform and pipelines. This is an incredible opportunity to participate in building out our modern data platform, working with a diverse and talented crew. In this role, you will work closely with our data science, data analytics and engineering teams to enable the entire company to bring personalized mental health and wellness to all our members.
Location: This role is open to remote employees in select US states: California, Florida, Georgia, Maryland + Washington DC, Massachusetts, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace Health:
- Design and develop the necessary data pipelines to ingest, aggregate, and index our diverse data sources into the organization’s datalake
- Lead the development of a world-class data warehousing platform that meets the strict security, privacy and compliance requirements of the healthcare industry
- Collaborate with the data analytics team to ensure the data platform meets the needs of reporting on our business metrics
- Collaborate with the data science and machine learning team to build capabilities for rapid experimentation on our data
- Mentor and coach engineers on the data team and help build a data-first culture at the company
What you’ve accomplished:
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
- 7+ years of experience working on large scale enterprise data solutions
- Experience with modern data platforms such as Databricks, Snowflake, Redshift
- Exceptional system design abilities including experience with architectural patterns of large, high-volume real-time and batch ETL pipelines
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members
- Experience collaborating with product partners
- Consistently made cultural choices that positively impact the team and organization
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
Headspace Health is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace Health. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Headspace Health is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. Please view our Applicant Privacy Notice here
Headspace Health participates in the E-Verify Program.
Headspace Health is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. Please view our privacy notice here.