The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money is a financial technology company on a mission to develop and deliver affordable, accessible financial tools and services that empower people to use money as a tool for their happiness. Members benefit from loans funded by a national network of customer-focused lending partners and designed to help them accomplish their goals.
Backed by leading investors, Happy Money has helped nearly 205,000 members since inception – working with lending partners to fund over $3.7 billion in loans*. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a passionate and purpose-driven employee base of approximately 400 people across the United States. For more information, please visit happymoney.com
*As of 12/31/2021
ABOUT THE TEAM
- Cool project - Build the next generation Enterprise Data Warehouse designed and built from the ground up.
- Cool database - Snowflake on AWS, the leading cloud-native analytic repository featuring separate elastic storage and compute resources, ANSI SQL, unlimited capacity and amazing performance.
- Cool Architecture - Data Vault 2.0 features the best of Inmon's and Kimball's models with a unique approach to supporting rapidly changing data.
- Cool tools - the latest technology for modeling, designing, building and delivering data warehouses in the cloud including the newest ETL/ELT tools.
- Cool team - work with experts with decades of experience building very large data warehouses and analytic/reporting systems.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- The Data Engineer works closely with other teams to extract, transform and load data from wide variety of data sources, including in-house databases
- Creating solutions using best practices
- Working cross functionally with other engineering teams to improve process and best practices
- Designing, developing and maintaining solutions to: source, integrate, transform, cleanse, normalize and expose / present data to various constituents / consumer groups such as other engineering groups, data science or other end users
- Data Engineers also recommend and influence the adoption of Data related technologies and products;
- Data Engineers are also supporting and working closely with Dev Ops to define, build and assess Data Infrastructure environments
- 5+ years of experience in MS SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle, ETL technologies (SSIS, Informatica), and a plus if you know Snowflake, Kafka, AWS, Python
- 3+ years of experience building large data pipelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant work expertise
- Experience working cross functionally with other teams outside of engineering
- Prior experience with financial systems is a plus