The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
At ASAPP, we are on a mission to build transformative machine learning-powered products that push the boundaries of artificial intelligence and customer experience. We focus on solving complex, data-rich problems — the kind where there are huge systemic inefficiencies and where a real solution will have a significant economic impact. Our CX performance platform uses machine learning across both voice and digital engagement channels to augment and automate human work, radically increasing productivity and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of customer experience teams.
The Data Engineering team at ASAPP designs, builds and maintains our mission-critical core data infrastructure and analytics platform. Accurate, easy-to-access, and secure data is critical to our natural language processing (NLP) customer interaction platform which interacts with tens of millions of end-users in real-time.
We’re looking to hire a Data Engineer with a knack for building out data infrastructure platforms able to handle our ever-growing volumes of data and the demands we want to make of it. Automation is a key part of our workflow, so you’ll help design and build highly-available data processing pipelines that self-monitor and report anomalies. As part of our fast-growing data engineering team, this role will also play an integral role in shaping the future of data infrastructure as it applies to improving our existing metric-driven development and machine learning capabilities.
As our operations keep growing, we encourage applicants from all locations in the US to apply.
What you’ll do
- Build improvements to our mission-critical production data pipeline and data warehouse
- Provide automation support for our deployments, data pipelines, infrastructure, and configuration management
- Expand our logging and monitoring processes to discover and resolve anomalies and issues before they become problems
- Develop realtime data systems to support our customers (both internal and external)
- Know how to make the tradeoffs required to ship without compromising quality
What you'll need
- 2+ years of experience
- Core programming proficiency in Python, Go, Java, Kotlin, Java or Scala
- Some experience managing databases like Cassandra, Druid, Redshift, MYSQL, Clickhouse, Postgres, Snowflake, or equivalent
- Self-learner, independent, outstanding problem-solving skills
What we'd like to see
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or AWS
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, Docker, etc.)
- Experience with Flink, Spark
- Competitive compensation with stock options
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance
- 401k matching
- Fitness and wellness stipend
- Mental well-being benefits
- Professional learning and development stipend
- Parental leave, including adoptive and foster parents
- 3 weeks paid time off (increases with tenure) and unlimited sick leave
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.If you are a Colorado applicant:- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $135,000 - 175,000.- For Sales positions: this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in ASAPP's equity plan.- For Non-Sales positions: this role is eligible to participate in ASAPP's equity plan.The actual salary may be different depending upon non-discriminatory factors such as qualifications, experience, and other factors permitted by law. The range listed is just one component of ASAPP’s total compensation package; other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives, including the benefits listed above. #LI-CM1 #LI-Remote