The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Join the team that localizes natural languages for our client's virtual assistant. This technology will be used for mobile and other cloud based services. Our team is responsible for teaching the virtual assistant how to understand and speak new languages. We are a deeply diverse and passionate group dedicated to bringing the future of intelligent assistants to the world.
An ideal candidate has experience and passion for working with language data and the ability to help create, categorize, audit, and improve voice grammar and voice data.
This is a short-term freelancer/part-time type of engagement.
- Developing and improving natural language processing code specific to your language
- Provide input and suggestions towards innovating new approaches and new product features tailored to your home market.
- Evaluate, analyze and monitor data quality and improve linguistic resources, e.g. use case templates and expansions, non-terminals and dictionaries for speech recognition and speech synthesis
- Recording audio and creating audio tests
- Identify errors and regressions and propose solutions to improve accuracy
- Reviewing tests and identifying fixes
- Automating and integrating workflow from diverse systems
- Update and correct existing transcriptions
- University level degree (Masters are preferred) in Linguistics/Phonetics or Computational Linguistics (or equivalent experience)
- Native level of Korean and ability to work in an English speaking environment
- Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics)
- Experience with voice grammars
- Up-to-date exposure to popular native culture and the ability to use that knowledge to inform data analysis
- Quick prototyping, scripting and tool development (Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication, team player mentality and collaborative in nature
- Experience working with large quantities of natural language data, lexical resources, corpora, NLP algorithms and tools
- Experience with one or more version control systems, preferably Git
- Experience using macOS or iOS software
If you have any questions, please contact us at: Dataforce.Sourcing@transperfect.com
and use the job title as the subject of the email.
Who we are
DataForce is a worldwide data collection and labeling platform that combines technology with a diverse network of more than one million data contributors, scientists, and engineers. DataForce offers companies in technology, automotive, life sciences, and other industries secure and reliable AI services for exceptional structured data and customer experiences.
DataForce is part of the TransPerfect family of companies, the world’s largest provider of language and technology solutions for global business with offices in more than 100 cities worldwide.
For more information about us, please visit our website: https://www.transperfect.com/dataforce