The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Role Summary:Data Scientists at Sensor Tower are hybrid data scientists and software engineers. You would take data all the way from doing initial analysis to building data pipelines to final model implementation and monitoring. Data Scientists take full ownership of the back-end of the products they’re working on.
We are looking for a hands-on thinker to help harvest new insights from our constantly growing foundation of quantitative information collected from the mobile app ecosystem. We are a remote first company and at this time are only able to hire folks who reside in the following states: California, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Massachusetts, Illinois, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Texas and Washington.
What you will be focusing on
- Prototype machine learning models in Python or Ruby
- Work with MongoDB and analyze query performance to ensure calculation efficiency
- Write tests for the implementation of machine learning models
- Collaborate with back-end engineers to understand the raw data being collected
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to create data visualizations for both external and internal customers
- Present results of various data analysis
Experience which will be beneficial
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, or computer science
- Experience in business intelligence, data mining, analytics, or statistical modeling in technology or mobile industries OR 2+ years applied experience in data science in mobile market intelligence
- Ability to write code that is ready for production (Python and Ruby preferred)
- Experience with adjusting data for bias
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical developers and non-technical marketing business partners
- Ability to critically analyse given data, ask probing questions, and perform own research
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques
About Sensor Tower
Sensor Tower is a high-growth SaaS company that provides accurate, comprehensive, and customizable mobile market economy analytics to app developers, game developers, industry analysts and investors. Founded in 2013, Sensor Tower has grown from a $1M seed investment to being profitable and in 2020 we received a $42M growth investment from Riverwood Capital.
Why Sensor Tower?
Our flexible work environment allows employees to live in greater connection with the people, places, and activities they love!
Our benefits include: - Flexible time off so employees can shape their time away from work. - Health and wellness stipend to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle through physical and mental fitness. - Monthly internet stipend and a one-time $500 home office stipend.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, and veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need, please do not hesitate to let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate.