The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Are you ready to join an agile, diverse, and global team of innovators in redefining the B2B payment space for startups and SMEs in emerging markets? Tribal Credit is built for companies looking for a better way to pay business expenses and optimize their financial management. We provide modern payment methods like multi-currency physical and virtual business Visa cards and a powerful spend management platform to track and control expenses—all in one seamless interface.
Our founders are serial entrepreneurs who have launched startups both in emerging markets and the U.S. We’re backed by leading international investors, including SoftBank, QED Investors, BECO Capital, Global Ventures, Endeavor Catalyst, Endure Capital, and OTG Ventures. We’re also part of the Visa Fintech Fast Track program among an elite group of fintechs.
This position is 100% remote, based in Mexico, and will report to the Sr. Data Scientist.
As a Data Scientist, you will...
- Understand, develop and maintain machine learning models within the data science team and develop different productization streams for them.
- Build APIs and web interfaces to better utilize the ML models and internal tools built
- Research new trends in machine learning productization / deployment technologies and build proof of concepts that can potentially be the foundation of a new data science product or improving a current one.
- Collaborate with our Product team to help outline a framework to produce new data products that will enhance our currently used features
- Optimize our current processes and generate new proposals for the team
Who You Are
- 3+ years of experience in developing software using Python
- Familiar with Data Science concepts and algorithms including supervised learning and unsupervised learning
- Experience in deploying them using Scikit-learn, Xgboost, Catboost and Tensorflow is a plus
- Strong experience in Full Web Stack engineering using any of the Python platforms (Flask, Django or others).
- Familiar with both SQL-based and NoSQL-base databases.
- Experience with R is a plus
- Front-end development knowledge is a plus (Svelte, React or similar).
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and a data driven approach to problem solving
- Fluent in Spanish and English required
- Agile, flexible, and responsive approach to work.
- Enthusiastic, positive, friendly and a great sense of humor!
- 100% employer paid healthcare insurance for team members and family.
- 30 days Aguinaldo.
- Phone/Internet Allowance.
- Food Vouchers.
- Vacation premium.
- Unlimited time off and all public holidays.
- Allowance for home office equipment.
- Headspace subscription.
- Highly supportive team culture.
- 100% remote, flexible work environment.
- Market-competitive salaries.
- Top-notch project management, productivity, and team engagement tools.
- Unlimited learning resources, and much more.
- Passionate about creating value: We experiment with new possibilities, to effect positive change for the world around us.
- Devoted to high standards: We don’t merely do the work, we strive for excellence, precision, and mastery at what we do.
- Proactively learning and growing: We’re curious and passionate about learning and growing.
- Human-centered: We put people’s welfare at the center of everything we do.
- Candid, open, connected: We work in perfect sync powered by open, continuous communication and feedback.
Equal Employment Opportunity & Privacy Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Learn more about Tribal at www.tribal.credit and www.tribal.mx