The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Data Scientist - Marketing Analytics
About Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix is the world’s leading online personal styling service, combining data science and human judgment to deliver apparel, shoes, and accessories personalized to its clients’ unique tastes, lifestyles, and budgets. We delight customers with a personalized experience that helps them build a wardrobe that fits their style so they look and feel their best. Over the last 10 years, Stitch Fix has delighted customers with convenient styling services by integrating the power of data science together with human stylists. The company recently expanded its experience beyond the personal styling experience delivered via fixes by adding new offerings including a direct shopping experience in a personalized feed. This new shopping feed represents the beginning of a new chapter for the company, and delivers a superior shopping experience by presenting shoppers with items that fit them and their style. We envision a future in which we continue to disrupt traditional models by leveraging our stylists and our data science capabilities to delight customers in new ways with enhancements .
About the role
Data Scientist - Marketing Analytics is an integral part of the future success of our business. Our clients want clothes that will help them look and feel their best -- without the burden of sifting through thousands of items that don’t. As an experienced Marketing Data Scientist, you will help to provide the data and insights that will inform our marketing leadership team. You will proactively uncover insights that influence the marketing strategy and decisions. You will define and monitor the metrics that best measure the customer experience and are most impactful to the business. The role reports to the Senior Director of Enterprise Data Science and Analytics.
- 4+ years in a marketing data science role
- Exceptional coding skill in SQL and in Python
- Experience with data mining, transforming and analyzing data across databases
- Experience in working autonomously and taking ownership of projects.
- Exceptional skill in structuring analyses, dashboard design and data visualizations to communicate meaningful metrics within the business.
- Exceptional communication skills that allow you to effectively distill highly complex data analyses to non-technical business partners.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on the questions that matter most to the business
- Knowledge of statistics (experimental design, statistical analysis, hypothesis testing)
- Experience partnering with marketing executives and algorithmic data scientists to answer tough business problems
- 2+ years of experience with data visualization tools
- Masters degree in a quantitative field (e.g., statistics, computer science)
- 2+ years of experience in working with event/log data
- Experience working with marketing, product and engineering teams and technologies on platforms with existing, significant user adoption.
- The Data Scientist will work directly with stakeholders across Stitch Fix’s key Marketing teams to help shape measurement deliverables and roadmaps, while analyzing marketing efforts using analytics and data science
- Partner with marketing, product, UIUX and algo to identify effective marketing investments to accelerate users Growth and Retention
- Support budget planning and spend strategy with senior marketing stakeholders
- Measure, report and present on growth and retention performance marketing results to senior management. Deliver hypotheses and insights beyond the numbers to guide business strategy.
- Drives performance metrics alignment with cross functional stakeholders in product, finance and operations.
- Hands on end-to-end quantitative analysis, modeling and leverage statistical techniques to understand user lifecycle, channel attribution and segmentations.
- Partnering with the Data Engineering team to test, create and potentially maintain key datasets and pipelines for reporting and tracking.
- Provide expertise in tracking and logging performance marketing data streamlines across various platforms, channels and devices.
- Own and develop KPIs, audit metrics and build curated dashboards and provide scalable solutions to track and measure multiple marketing program’s work streams.
- Work closely within Enterprise Analytics to centralize and consolidate key metrics across multiple business units within Stitch Fix, to provide clarity on metric relationships and lineage.
- Partner with Product Data Scientist to support ad-hoc business insights.
Why you’ll love working at Stitch Fix:
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day