The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
The Data Engineer designs, builds and oversees the deployment and operation of technology architecture, solutions and
software to capture, manage, store and utilize structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources.
Establishes and builds processes and structures based on business and technical requirements to channel data from
multiple inputs, route appropriately and store using any combination of distributed (cloud) structures, local databases,
and other applicable storage forms as required. Creates and establishes design standards and assurance processes for
software, systems and applications development to ensure compatibility and operability of data connections, flows and
storage requirements. Reviews internal and external business and product requirements for data operations and activity
and suggests changes and upgrades to systems and storage to accommodate ongoing needs.
What You'll Do:
- Conceptual, logical and physical data modeling
- Create and maintain data pipelines (ETL & ELT) that are timely and optimized
- Improving data quality and system reliability
- Automate manual processes and optimize data delivery
- Contribute to ensuring security of the data while in motion and at rest
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- An attitude where no technical challenge is too great
- Fluent in SQL, relational data, star and snowflake schemas and non-relational data (Python nice to have). Python is nice to have
- Ability to create ETL/ELT data pipelines: 3+ years of success in a fast-paced, product-centric environment, with a demonstrated understanding of data engineering and data integration
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working within data warehouse/marts projects sourcing, standardizing and cleansing data
- Experience leveraging commercial or open source ETL tools such as SSIS, Talend, Fivetran, or Matillion
- Experience leveraging data visualization tools, such as Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with some of the following: SQL Server, MySQL, Snowflake, Redshift
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS is highly preferred
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and work well in a distributed, team-oriented environment
- Nice to have experience with version control systems such as Git is nice to have
- Understanding of best practices in managing enterprise data including master data, data quality, lineage and security
- Nice to have experience in payments business
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics or related discipline (or equivalent experience)
FOR COLORADO BASED APPLICANTS ONLY
Target Base Compensation: $80,000 - $105,000 (bonus and equity offered in addition to base compensation)
Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for Colorado-based hires only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. Billtrust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience and location. We encourage you to apply and speak with our Talent Acquisition team to learn more about the total compensation package.
What You'll Get:
- Benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, HSA, and life, cancer, and AD&D insurance.
- Equity: So that every employee is a shareholder and is aligned on building our company’s value.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Sabbatical: A paid leave to reward longevity and commitment to Billtrust.
- Paid Parental Leave: To promote parent-child bonding and increase gender equity at home and in the workplace.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Founders Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Who We Are:
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $50B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.