The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Candidates must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a U.S. Federal Government clearance.
MorphWorks is seeking an experienced Data Analyst to join our team to provide support to the Continuous Diagnostic & Mitigation (CDM) Program. The CDM Program is a high-profile, high-visibility, cybersecurity modernization and risk management program where you can contribute innovative solutions and consult with multiple federal agencies to enhance their Information Assurance (IA) programs and continuous monitoring capabilities.
This position also requires developing analysis and reporting of data, including identifying data gaps. The successful candidate will bring a consultative approach to data analysis in solving our clients’ cyber security problems, coupled with demonstrated experience designing and developing enterprise data solutions for Federal government clients. This is not a database administrator role, but a hands-on Data Analyst position.
- Review, identify, and analyze data from multiple source Cyber Security tools at multiple agencies.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports based on the customer needs.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary and other data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Run ad-hoc reports from source systems and work with Tool SMEs, and integration developers in identifying data defects.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Analyze source data and types, and identify data requirements for destination systems.
- Analyze, interpret, and report on data based on Data Dictionary & Logical Data Models guidance.
- Work with Agency and Agency representatives in resolving data quality, completeness, and accuracy issues.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Ensure mapping of data elements provided by COTS products to the Logical Data Model
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, or Statistics
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Data Analytic work for mission-critical systems within Fed/CIV, DOD, or Intel
- Minimum of 5 years of experience performing or assisting in the analysis of enterprise IT logs, data, and/or information preferably in Security Operations
- Proven working experience with large Data sets from multiple systems including machine data, cyber security tool data, and other relevant data that is used within an enterprise for security posture
- Proficient at querying data in MS/Azure SQL server and Elasticsearch/Kibana for data issues, gaps, and trend
- Writing reports and presenting findings
- Technical expertise in data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Experience in translating derived requirements by analyzing Logical Data Models and Data Dictionary to provide data mapping from source systems
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with collaborating with other roles, such as solution architects, data engineers, data scientists, AI engineers, database administrators, and developers
- Experience collaborating with Federal clients to mature operational processes, reduce redundancies, and develop innovative solutions
- Experience understanding organizational needs, proposing solutions, and managing project execution efforts designed to deliver overall program benefits for Government Agencies
- Experience collaborating with US Government Agencies, state or local governments, or commercial entities to develop IT service program maturity in accordance with Federal IT mandates and best practices
- Experience in conducting assessments of an Enterprise by reviewing technical documentation, conducting interviews and workshops to identify gaps and develop a tailored solution is highly desired
- Demonstrated experience in security solution design using existing as well as emerging technologies to deliver enterprise solutions
- Excellent communication and relationship skills to articulate given analysis and build consensus among clients and technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to present to senior leadership and client audiences
- Strong interpersonal and collaborations skills working in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple agencies simultaneously
- Microsoft Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with JIRA and Agile development practices
- Certification: Security+CE plus
- Candidate is required to be a U.S. citizen (non-dual citizenship) with the ability to obtain DHS Suitability/Entry on Duty (EOD)
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance desired
MorphWorks is a strategic consulting firm focused on Risk and Technology solutions. Headquartered in Northern Virginia, MorphWorks is recognized as a best practice company, specializing in IT Modernization and infrastructure efficiency. Our team operates with a culture of execution and brings that approach to each of our client engagements, focusing on delivering high-quality work to all project components.