The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
At ASAPP, we are on a mission to build transformative machine learning-powered products that push the boundaries of artificial intelligence and customer experience. We focus on solving complex, data-rich problems — the kind where there are huge systemic inefficiencies and where a real solution will have a significant economic impact. Our interaction platform uses machine learning across both voice and digital engagement channels to augment and automate human work, radically increasing productivity and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of customer experience teams.
We are looking for a new member to join our Machine Learning team as a Python Engineer. You should have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing your expertise to ASAPP to help us solve cutting edge machine learning and natural language processing (NLP) challenges. As a part of our team, you will design, develop, and deploy fast, efficient, and highly scalable machine learning algorithms that are applied to natural language processing problems. You'll work with our senior product team, engineers, and researchers to develop high quality software that is robust and reliable. You’ll be faced with new technical challenges and things to learn about ML and software engineering on a daily basis.
What you'll do
- Help us turn research into meaningful ML products that help tens of millions of users
- Improve existing ML models: everything from tweaking the dataset to replacing the entire solution with a whole new method
- Assess the risks and merits of different approaches to solving complex problems in the light of the specific requirements and time frame
- Actively work on creating and improving tools to parallelize model training, unifying dataset creation and accuracy measurements across experiments
- Closely monitor the edge cases of model performance and taking active measures of explaining the reasons and possible approaches for diminishing undesirable effects
- Be actively involved in the process of productizing research experiments into enterprise-ready AI solutions
- Actively follow advancements in AI and ML, and participate in discussions about them with the ML and research teams
What you'll need
- Production experience with Python, AWS, Kubernetes, and/or Docker. Proven skill at debugging complicated systems and writing solid test cases to ensure their stability
- Experience implementing technical solutions, tackling tough engineering problems to help build our products. You enjoy solving complex engineering problems working closely with the Product team to achieve business goals.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a field of science, technology, engineering or math, or equivalent hands-on experience
- Desire to learn new things, work closely with peers from different teams, and be open to teach and learn from others.
- Passion for Machine Learning and solving problems
What we'd like to see
- Production experience with Machine Learning and/or Natural Language Processing
- Experience in deep-learning frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience using Athena and Redshift
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance. #LI-CM1 #LI-Remote