The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name “Messari” came from the Franciscan monks who declared "clean books" a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via "trust but verify" methods and industry growth throughout Europe. That's what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
As an On-chain Data Specialist, you’ll be working alongside our internal research and product teams to expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture. You’ll be responsible for supporting the data needs of our analysts on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent across ongoing research efforts. Your mission is to ensure our analysts can access data in a smooth and seamless way.
This position is a full-time role. We are currently a remote company and are open to any remote candidates. Our team is distributed around the world and has the processes in place for productive remote work, but we meet up in person as often as possible.
What you'll do
- You’re familiar with Dune Analytics or advanced in SQL, love creating data dashboards, and finding signal amidst the noise of data.
- Build and maintain internal Dune dashboards or other internal data libraries.
- Assist with quarterly reports including gather and analyzing data and writing analysis.
- Work with Messari and third party data APIs in order to assist the research team with data aggregation, processing, and analysis.
Who you are
- The ideal candidate has advanced working SQL knowledge and extensive experience using Dune Analytics.
- A fundamental understanding of protocol mechanisms is required for this position.
- Candidates are required to have strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Proficiency in statistical computer languages (preferably Python) to manipulate data is a big plus.
- You should be able to efficiently manipulate, process, and visualize data from large disconnected databases and data APIs.
What you'll love about Messari.
We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building.
We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- FSA, Life Insurance, Virtual Health
- WeWork All Access Pass
- $500 for anything you need to build your home setup
- Flexible Time Off - Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Mental Health Therapy via TalkSpace & Health Advocacy
- Invest in your future with our 401K and equity options
- Parental Leave - We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 week primary / 4 week secondary.
- Get paid in Crypto!
When the company succeeds, so do you! We often do “airdrops” of crypto to encourage you to explore and grow in this industry.
Community - Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up!
*As Messari is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location.
Join our Global, Fully-Remote Team.
Messari is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and respected consistently. Diversity of experience drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, and competitive and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, and have our product reflect the diversity of our customers.
At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.