The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
This newly created role will play a critical part in GumGum’s strategy to continue to grow our business and introduce cutting edge contextual solutions that leverage ML.
The Product Analyst (Verity) is responsible for owning the data analytics and insights to support GumGum Verity’s data science initiatives by identifying opportunities that improve the quality of our contextual intelligence product offering to both our publisher and advertising clients. This role will partner with our broader Product Management Team, data scientists, engineering, customer success, sales, and marketing teams to deliver unique insights, trends, and optimization opportunities for the Verity platform. Reporting into the Director of Product Management, Verity, the Product Analyst is a data analytics and insight leader with deep experience in manipulating and extracting meaning out of large data sets.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward. GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN.
- Drive the creation and publication of internal-facing research into Verity’s machine learning models and platform.
- Leverage data to identify new trends and opportunities for product management, data science, and engineering teams
- Derive meaning for ambiguous problems to help guide the product roadmap and initiatives with supporting data.
- Develop new and innovative product analysis, reports and content to support the sales, marketing and customer success teams.
- Prioritize projects and initiatives based on value to the client by working with our product, growth, customer success, and media teams.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years experience in Data Analytics (will consider recent graduate degree and internships in statistics or analytics in lieu of experience) performing hands-on analytics with large data sets. Strong knowledge and a high level of proficiency in data analysis skills and tools such as Python, SQL, Google Data Lab or other languages to support data manipulation and analysis.
- Proven data storyteller and a passion for interpreting data into actionable insights.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize projects and find new solutions.
- Ability to work across functions to create alignment and support for new initiatives.
- Desire to thrive in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Vision Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Dental Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Stock Incentive Program (role dependent)
- Paid Parental Leave - Birth parents can receive up to 16-18 weeks for birth recovery and baby bonding. Non-birth parents can receive up to 10 weeks for baby bonding
- Transitional Return-to-Work Schedule
- Modern Family Support: Cleo App
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- WFH Stipend
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Time Off
- Veterinary Discounts
- WeWork Monthly Pass
- Pet friendly organization - We love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Virtual company events and (optional) in-person celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
- Anniversary recognition and awards
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Follow us on our socials...
Our Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Follow us on LinkedIn: gumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum
Stay connected on Facebook: gumgum