The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people's lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government. We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish. Location:
This role can work remotely from anywhere in the USA. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Bixal does not provide visa sponsorship. What Will You Do?
We are looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join our growing team of experts. A successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into decisions for government stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics - including data collection, transformation and visualization. They must be able to transform the business needs of clients into product deliverables relating to adaptive management. They should have the ability to serve as a lead data analyst on a cross-functional team of other analysts, data engineers, software engineers, web developers, UI/UX designers, subject matter experts, trainers, and project managers. Candidates are expected to be expert in at least one leading software used for dashboarding. The right candidate will be excited to positively impact millions of people globally by infusing their knowledge into the Federal government and/or USAID’s data practices.
- Develop, implement and maintain leading-edge analytics systems, taking complicated problems and building simple frameworks
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets using statistical techniques
- Flag and resolve data quality issues impacting the presentation of the results - including reviewing, filtering, and cleaning datasets
- Evaluate methods and provide source-to-target mappings and documentation for datasets
- Work with product managers to gather requirements, provide status updates and build relationships with clients
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Train clients in the appropriate use of data for decision-making, including working with communications to socialize adaptive management across Federal and international entities
- Work with the Practice Area Lead to share exemplars, methods, and best practices across Bixal
- Proficient at transforming data for use in visualizations
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated capacity to learn new analytics tools with ease
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience working with and connecting to Enterprise systems
- We are looking for a candidate with a bachelor’s degree in a math or technology field and 4+ years of experience in a Data Analyst role, or a commensurate combination of education and experience. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience developing BI solutions with tools: Tableau, Power BI, QuickSight, etc
- Experience querying databases: MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.
Nice to Have:
Perks & Benefits:
- Proficiency with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, RDS, etc
- Experience working with Agile teams
Competitive base salaryFlex hoursWork from home flexibility401K with matching incentiveParental LeaveMedical/dental/vision benefitsFlex Spending AccountCompany provided short-term disabilityCompany provided life insuranceCommuter benefitsGenerous PTO11 Paid holidaysProfessional development opportunitiesNew business referral bonus
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.