The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Your Mission as Senior Data Engineer:
Your mission as a Senior Data Engineer is to work cross-functionally across all areas of the company to help design and build the data integrations, management, models and analysis that inform the complex decisions we make as we grow and evolve our SaaS-based products and processes.
Accountability & Impact:
In This Role You’ll...
- Apply database modeling and database exploration skills with data architecture strategy and design principles to support metrics, analytics, AI/machine learning, and self-service business intelligence across the company.
- Carry out work related to development, transfer, verification, security, integrity, manipulation, and maintenance of all data assets.
- Focus on data architecture and strategy responsibilities to drive data insights and analytics, marketing effectiveness, channel optimization, improved customer experience, customer acquisition, and metrics used to measure compliance and improve operational efficiency
- Gather detailed business requirements from clients, and work on data designs to support applications/metrics, design data interfaces and data architecture for data product deliverables,
- Oversee ETL/ELT processes
- Build out, maintain, and look after our dbt, Looker and other data models ensuring good quality and consistency,enhancing our data models with new sources or additional information as needed
- Maintain documentation
- Formulate and execute strategy around new reporting technologies
What You Bring to the Role:
- Prior experience with Snowflake or comparable cloud data platforms.
- Familiarity with Looker/Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Proficiency in SQL (LookML a plus)
- Advanced database and data manipulation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail with an ability to identify and reconcile data inconsistencies
- Stellar communication skills - including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience and engage in productive dialog involving multiple viewpoints or conflicting perspectives
- Ability to design and build solutions that align technical goals with business goals.
- Must be able to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously and work under tight deadlines in a results-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Nice to Have’s:
- Familiarity with dbt for data transformation
- Microsoft Azure & Azure Application Insights
Benefits of Working at Energage:
- Fully remote position
- Company pays a portion of individual health care premium
- Option to participate in a company-sponsored 401(k), with company match dependent on employee contribution
- Training and education
- Tuition reimbursement program
- The opportunity to work for a Certified B-Corporation using business as a force for good (https://www.bcorporation.net/)
Energage is a purpose-driven company that helps organizations turn employee feedback into useful business intelligence and credible employer recognition through Top Workplaces. Built on 14 years of culture research and the results from 23 million employees surveyed across more than 70,000 organizations, Energage delivers the most accurate competitive benchmark available. With access to a unique combination of patented analytic tools and expert guidance, Energage customers lead the competition with an engaged workforce and an opportunity to gain recognition for their people-first approach to culture. For more information or to nominate your organization, visit energage.com or topworkplaces.com.
Energage is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.Energage encourages all qualified candidates to apply, including those of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.