The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Who we are
As human beings, one of our fundamental identifiers is our voice. Pindrop’s advanced voice identity technology recognizes this distinct and unique human quality with the kind of precision and certainty that’s needed when information or access is essential. From preventing fraud in call centers to obtaining information from smart devices and even activating cars, Pindrop lets people use their voice to quickly and privately connect to, enter, and unlock their world. At Pindrop, we hire great people and we take care of them. All we do is guided by our Core Values: Audaciously Innovate, Evangelical Customers for Life, Execution Excellence, Win as a Company, Make a Difference.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Pindrop has raised over $223M in capital by premier VCs including Andreessen-Horowitz, IVP, and CapitalG.
What you’ll do
- You will be working with a group of enthusiastic data scientists/machine learning researchers to develop end-to-end machine learning solutions to improve our authentication solution product and customer experience.
- You will have the opportunity to apply cutting-edge algorithms in various applications of machine learning.
- Research the latest Machine learning and related academic papers and test nascent ideas which can potentially solve new problems and enhance existing authentication and fraud solution products.
- Explore research problems to discover new topics/patterns to unlock new business opportunities and drive innovation.
- Work with product owners to revolutionize the product.
- Collaborate with engineering to deploy modeling solutions to the production system.
Who you are
- You are a creative problem solver who is excited about building amazing products that add real value to millions of people
- You are enthusiastic about machine learning as well as developing research ideas into products
- You can explain complex topics in simple terms, and you love building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- You are a self-starter and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment that often includes ambiguity
- You are resilient in the face of challenges, change, and ambiguity
- You are optimistic and believe that you can make a problem into a solution
- You are resourceful, excited to uncover innovative solutions and teach yourself something new when needed
- You take accountability, do the things you say you’ll do, under-promise and over-deliver
- You are nimble and adaptable when priorities change and continue to see the “forest through the trees”
- Masters in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.). Ph.D. is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in a data science role
- Experience with Deep learning applications and techniques is a plus.
- Strong Python skills and experience with ML frameworks: Scikit learn, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras
- Deep understanding of machine learning/statistical algorithms. Experience with data visualization is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to frame business problems into mathematical programming problems, leverage external thinking and tools (from academia and/or other industries) to engineer a solution, and deliver business insights.
- Self-driven, persistent, and team player with strong communication and leadership skills.
- True passion for data science and machine learning to consistently try out new ideas, and embrace challenges/opportunities.
- Proven track record of successful and timely project delivery
- Preferably, you have experience communicating with internal and external customers around proofs-of-concept, issues, etc.
What’s in it for you:
As a Pindropper, you join a rapidly growing company making technology more human with the power of voice. You will work alongside some of the best and brightest (no joke…nearly 1 in 3 Pindrop employees has a Ph.D.). We’re a passionate group committed to excellence - but that doesn’t stop us from enjoying the journey as a team with chess and poker tournaments, catered lunches and happy hours, wellness programming, and more. Because we take our jobs seriously, we add in time for rest with Unlimited PTO, Focus Thursday, and Company-wide Rest Days.
Pindrop is a medium sized company in uber growth mode. Joining our team now means that you will have substantial growth opportunities through being challenged but supported. You will work amongst some of the brightest researchers and engineers in the machine learning and artificial intelligence space while being able to build and utilize cutting edge technologies.
- Within 30 days you’ll
- Have been introduced to your team, colleagues and have 1:1’s to assimilate into the company culture.
- You will have the opportunity to learn the product in and out through training and a variety of resources.
- Complete onboarding and attend New Employee Orientation sessions with other new Pindroppers
- Within 60 days you’ll
- Understand expectations for the team, and be able to start a research project agreed upon with your direct manager.
- Within 90 days you’ll
- Have an intermediate level of familiarity with the products and corresponding research initiatives.
- You will develop a strong relationship with the team and you will be able to begin executing against the research roadmap.
- Teach us something new
What we offer
As a part of Pindrop, you’ll have a direct impact on our growing list of products and the future of security in the voice-driven economy. We hire great people and take care of them. Here’s a snapshot of the benefits we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including equity for all employees
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Generous health and welfare plans to choose from - including an employer-provided “employee-only” plan!
- Best-in-class Health Savings Account (HSA) employer contribution
- Affordable vision and dental plans for you and your family
- Employer-provided life and disability coverage with additional supplemental options
- Paid Parental Leave - Equal for all parents, including birth, adoptive & foster parents
- One year of diaper delivery for your newest addition to the family! It’s our way of welcoming new Pindroplets to the family!
- Remote-first culture
- New hire and recurring monthly home office allowance
- We want it all! While most of us work remotely, we call our beautiful, modern, and collaborative Atlanta HQ office home. We celebrate being together with frequent lunches and events, (think Mardi Gras, Cinco De Mayo, Black History Month, Diwali, etc.) complete with beer & wine. We have ample space for team meetings, All-Hands, hackathons, and more.
- When we need a break, we keep it fun with happy hours, ping pong and foosball, drinks and snacks, and monthly massages!
- Remote and in-person team activities (think cheese tastings, chess tournaments, talent shows, murder mysteries, and more!)
- Company holidays
- Annual professional development and learning benefit
- Pick your own Apple MacBook Pro
- Retirement plan with competitive 401(k) match
- Wellness Program including Employee Assistance Program, 24/7 Telemedicine
- Flex schedules
What we live by
At Pindrop, our Core Values are fundamental beliefs at the center of all we do. They are our guiding principles that dictate our actions and behaviors. Our Values are deeply embedded into our culture in big and small ways and even help us decide right from wrong when the path forward is unclear. At Pindrop, we believe in taking accountability to make decisions and act in a way that reflects who we are. We truly believe making decisions and acting with our Core Values in mind will help us to achieve our goals and keep Pindrop a great place to work:
- Audaciously Innovate - We continue to change the world, and the way people safely engage and interact with technology. As first principle thinkers, we challenge standards, take risks and learn from our mistakes in order to make positive change and continuous improvement. We believe nothing is impossible.
- Evangelical Customers for Life - We delight, inspire and empower customers from day one and for life. We create a partnership and experience that results in a shared passion. We are champions for our customers, and our customers become our champions, creating a universal commitment to one another.
- Execution Excellence - We do what we say and say what we do. We are accountable for making the tough decisions and necessary tradeoffs to deliver quality and effective solutions on time.
- Win as a Company - Every time we win, we win as a company. Every time we lose, we lose as a company. We break down silos, support one another, embrace diversity and celebrate our successes. We are better together.
- Make a Difference - Every day we have the opportunity to make a positive impact. We operate with dedication, passion, and uncompromising integrity, creating a safer, more secure world.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Here at Pindrop, it is our mission to create and maintain a diverse and inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, marital and/or veteran status.