The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Design and build Citrine’s scalable smart data infrastructure and AI platform powering the development and discovery of next-generation materials and chemicals.
At Citrine, we’re ushering in the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals.
We are the industry leader in AI for materials and chemicals. Our platform provides data management and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that help our customers rapidly develop higher performing, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at market-leading manufacturing and materials companies and we collaborate with professors and researchers from world-renowned institutions on cutting-edge research at the intersection of AI and the physical sciences.
In 2021 and 2020, Citrine was recognized for our impact on sustainability by the Global CleanTech Group. We earned a spot on both the CB Insights AI 100 List and the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the US. In 2021, we also gained our third patent for materials-specific ML technology. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
Our Platform gives product developers, researchers, and engineers access to cutting-edge, domain-specific AI, all without writing a line of code. This enables our customers to discover and deploy the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals up to 98% faster than traditional R&D approaches. We have employees across the country including the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and Raleigh-Durham areas, and our customers include multiple Fortune 100 materials, product, and manufacturing companies.
Projects you’ll work on
- The next-generation platform for empowering scientists with Citrine’s AI, guiding experimental design to accelerate discovery and lead to research breakthroughs
- A system for sharing and managing materials data across an enterprise’s researchers, with the goal of fostering collaboration between scientists, reducing experimental waste, and aiding in the management of R&D projects
- Complex analysis & visualizations that allow our users to gain deeper insights into their data
What you’ll do
- Build backend services to support product features on the Citrine Platform that puts our core technology in the hands of scientists
- Deploy and support your software & infrastructure in production
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, frequently reviewing code and discussing architecture
- Mentor other developers
- Design high-performance, scalable systems
- Test and analyze the impact and performance of your software
- Work in a multi-functional team on features from concept to delivery
- Be available for on call duties
- Scala, Python
- 3Akka HTTP, Slick
- AWS Compute Services (EC2, ECS, Fargate, Batch)
Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical field of study, or equivalent industry experience
- 5 years of experience writing production software in Scala or Java
- Experience building backend web services
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with Akka HTTP, Slick, and basic functional programming
- Familiarity with containerization / DockerExperience with AWS
- Experience with production monitoring systems such as DataDog
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Core Values
Citrine Informatics recognizes that its most valuable asset is its people. We have created our set of Core Values to encourage, support, and invest in our team as they work to innovate and support a more sustainable world. Our Core Values reflect our ongoing commitment to continuously invest in nurturing our talent and our people-first approach to conducting business.
- We take pride in and recognize the successes and growth of ourselves and our colleagues. We support each other in our growth
.- We prototype and collect data to make good decisions. We question that data
and are constantly iterating to find the best solution.- We are all owners
of Citrine and make decisions like owners. We work autonomously with personal and organizational accountability. - We commit to building a diverse and inclusive
community within Citrine and actively promote equity and belonging.- We are tirelessly committed to creating value for our customers
.- We exist to help our customers accelerate the development of sustainable
products that are critical to the future of both our planet and our industry.
Compensation and Pay Transparency
At Citrine, we want your path to career growth to be transparent, straightforward, fair, and easily accessible -- starting with your application and interview process. The annual salary range listed below reflects the level we are considering for this position (please note that there may be unique situations where you may fall outside of this range). Where you fall within the range will depend on how your experience and skills align to our internal leveling system as we learn more about you throughout the interview process.
$165,000 USD - $185,000 USD
*Range(s) listed are for full-time employees based in the United States only.**Colorado only: disclosure above meets the requirement by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Our Benefits (for exempt, full-time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4%Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)Life and Disability insuranceFSA and HSA plansEquity options within the company12 weeks of paid parental leaveFlexible PTO on top of our 15 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)Free financial counseling $600 tech allowanceMonthly $75 phone reimbursement$5,000 annual continuing educational allowance