The job ad is older than 1 month and may no longer
Nortal is a remote-first, global software consultancy specializing in modern custom software development. We employ CI/CD processes across agile, distributed teams delivering highly-performant, scalable, cloud-native applications for Fortune 100 customers. The US headquarters is in Kirkland, WA. We have over 1100 employees world-wide. We are adding a Data Architect who will be part of a team working with emerging technology!
- Keep your skills fresh by working with some of the newest technologies and tools out there - Exercise your skills on scalable, business-critical application stacks and infrastructure - We are on the front line of emerging technologies across numerous industries - We are growing! Lots of opportunities for advancement - Join and learn from a small, highly collaborative team of technology craftspeople
What makes us unique
- We are experts who believe in being innovative while having fun and working continuously to refine our skills.
- We are committed to excellence in everything we do, from the technology we choose to the people who make up our team.
- With excellence as a guiding principle, we deliver quality results that ensure client satisfaction.
- We approach work with integrity.
- We do what we say we'll do, and we operate with transparency and honesty.
- We work cohesively and see each person at Nortal as a critical contributor.
- We prize teamwork and support each other in providing the best results for our clients. No one on our team is superior to another - we help each other out, in the spirit of personal growth.
- Develop data architectures and oversee solution design
- Lead teams building large scale data and analytics applications
- Training and mentoring on technical skills
- Work with our client services team on preparing solutions for clients, including both presenting slide decks as well as writing proposals that have a good dose of technical drawings and diagrams (including both technology and team composition recommendations)
- Work with our resource management team to put the team together for new projects
- Comfortable working with a cross-functional team (PM, Dev, QA, Ops, Security - we work in a team-based structure, but our clients typically have cross-functional matrix organizations)
- Deep understanding of the data lifecycle including CI/CD practices
- Experience working with multiple development languages
- Design of architectures to support high scale and/or high availability systems
- Design of near real-time and micro-batch data pipelines
- Experience working with Data Governance teams and the tools they use
- Experience collaborating with Data Security / Data privacy teams
- Data Modeling, especially to support advanced analytics and DataSci
- Familiarity with AI and ML
- Describing complicated solutions to non-technical resources
- Breakdown complex technical solutions for a range of experienced and skilled team members
- Use experience to determine levels of effort in technical solutions
- Must be able to build data warehouse, data lakes, enterprise data hubs from scratch
- Work with key stakeholders across internal groups to develop and communicate the data vision and roadmap while adhering to established Data Management principles.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related major
- 10+ years of professional experience 7+ years in modern data platforms
- 5-8 years of hands-on experience in data architecture and data engineering principles, methods, techniques, and technologies
- Hands on with Cloud data warehouse technologies - Snowflake, Redshift or similar.
- Experience in Agile development methodology.
- Exposure to cloud environments (especially AWS)– experience with developing cloud data strategies, best practices, and standards.
- Experience with modern data pipelines, data streaming, and using real time analytics tools.
- Demonstrated ability to balance architectural theory with practical solutions
- High level technical understanding of data modelling, design and architectural principals across master data, transaction data and derived/analytic data
- Knowledge of data management tools, including enterprise repository tools, data modelling tools, data quality tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools
- Deep technical understanding of data modeling and design
- Proven background of designing and implementing architecture which solves strategic and tactical business needs
- Strong conceptual knowledge of roles and responsibilities within BI, Analytics and Data Warehousing (DA, ETL/ELT, BI, DBA, SE, QA, and PM)
- Proficiency with analytics platforms such as Spark, DataBricks
- Proficiency with Kafka, MSK, KSQLDB, Kinesis, Azure Event Hubs and Google Pub/Sub
- Proficient in programming languages: SQL, python, scala.
- Experience in data visualization using tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Grafana, ThoughSpot, Looker
- Experience with data replication technologies HVR, FiveTran
Nortal US Is An Equal Opportunity Employer And All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status, Or Any Other Characteristic Protected By Law.